How to Recover Facebook Deleted Messages? Latest VersionDuncan
Have you deleted your Facebook messages accidentally?
Do you want to recover some of them?
If yes, we will today help you out. Yes, there are some ways in which you can recover Facebook deleted messages.
The first method which we will be highlighting is a foolproof solution. The second one is a temporary solution, but it works sometimes. With any of these methods, chances are you will be able to recover most of the Facebook deleted messages. Without any delay, let us look at both of these.
Method 1: Recovering Facebook deleted messages with an Android device
The process which we are highlighting now is perfect if you use Facebook messenger on your android smartphone. Facebook not just stores the messages online but also off the Internet. That is why the deleted Facebook messages will most likely be on your android device.
We will today share a step-by-step procedure that you can follow to recover those messages from your android device.
- You have to download a file explorer that is compatible with android devices. It will allow you to access all the folders on the memory card. An example of such a file explorer is ES explorer.
- Using the file explorer, you have to go to the SD card section and after that into the android folder. The android folder holds data for various applications.
- You have to head over to the data folder and then open the com.facebook.orca folder and then open the cache folder.
- In this folder, the fb_temp file will be present. It is the folder that will have all the backup data of your Facebook Messenger messages. Since it was saved off-line on your device, the deleted messages will still be present in this folder.
- You have to tap the fb_temp file to restore all the messages.
As you can see, the procedure to restore the deleted messages using an android device is quite easy.
If you’re not able to find the FP_temp folder from your phone memory, you can connect it to your computer, and after that, find the file. Once you do so, you can paste it in an easily accessible folder on your phone and tablet to restore all the messages.
The above method will require just a few minutes on your part. With the help of this method, you will be able to recover all the deleted Facebook messages quickly.
Method 2: Request an archive from the other person
Are you not able to use the above method due to some reason?
If so, you only have a single solution. It is not a fail-safe method but can help you when none of the other methods come to your rescue.
The method will only work if you’re looking to access deleted messages in a particular conversation.
- You have to contact the person who was involved in the conversation.
- You have to ask them to send a copy of the conversation to you.
- If they do not have those messages in their messenger, you have to guide them on how to find archived messages.
- If that doesn’t help, you have to share with them the above method. With the help of this method, they will be able to recover the messages.
- After that, they can send you a screenshot or a text record of the same messages.
- To ensure that you get the messages which you are looking for, it is a good idea to mention the time and date of the messages before sending the request to a person.
While this might not be a surefire way to get access to deleted Facebook messages, but it is nevertheless a method with the help of which, you can view those messages once again.
So, when you’re trying to recover deleted Facebook messages, these are the two methods that you can help you. The first method will help you with 90% of the cases. That is why you have to try and use that method for the quick recovery of messages. In case that doesn’t work, you can resort to the second method.
Leave a Reply